This will document our 3 year journey as we learn to downsize, pay off debt and build a 8 x 24 tiny house
…so that we can LIVE LARGE…so that we can be collectors of incredible moments and people, not things!
Debt Reduction…I have a small credit card balance that will be paid off soon…then it’s tackling the car loan with a vengeance (adding $200 to the payment each month) and then the equity loan.
Here’s my debt payment schedule and timeline (now I’m accountable to all of you!)
So 3 years. It seems like a long time, but I know how quickly time passes and there are numerous things to accomplish in that time period:
- Eliminate Debt
- Downsize current belongings (junk fest Sept 27th!)
- Practice minimalist living
- Look for cheap 8 x 24 double axle trailer
- Start collecting re-claimed materials for building
- Keep researching the best design to suit our needs
- Visit other tiny homes (Karenville in Ithaca, NY Oct 17th)
- More reading and researching…
- Keep renters in my house until I’m out of debt…then sell